+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lateral epicondylitis

lateral epicondylitis

What is your initial management for lateral epicondylitis?

my intial mangement of lateral epicondyitis is prove the diagnosis is it really lateral epicondylitis or any thing else from c6 radiculopathy to radial tunnel syndrome after prove of diagnosis i proceed for mangemnet if it is really lateral epcondylities i proceed for modification of elbow movement analgesia elbow brace and short wave physitherapy i give this at least for 6 weeks if failled i proced for local corticosteriod inections for 3 times with using of elbow brace if failled i poroceed finally to surgery

activity modification analgesics and local soothening physio modalities

rest with use of tennis elbow belt. Local physiotherapy, analgesics.

any experience with autologous blood patch?? a recent study in our institute showed it to be better in long term compared to steroid..

Thumbs up Agree

Agree with this

Local physiotherapy and analgesics

You have to expect sometimes resistance to initial NSAID's even after the local infiltration of steroids up to three times .
    I usually insist on avoidance of any kind of wrist activity with or without using muscular force.

It is caused by traction on common ext origin so rest is mandory to release such traction beside NSIADs , i prefer to make use of initial rest period and add Local coriticotsroids injection , it really makes dramtic improve in begining, plus modificaiton of activities and patient educaiton.

Wink

rest,activity modification ,ice then physical therapy for 6month

+ Reply to Thread